Scott Mitchell, Create Your Own Website,p. 52.
Finding Add-ons for your site.
Cnet provides downloads.com — various tools
- 1 Cool Password tool
- Magic Gallery
- DHTML Menu Builder — creates drop-down menus w/o your having to write these scripts.
- Web Menus Studio 2005 — create professional looking menus
See Scott Mitchell, Create Your Own Website ,
- ch 5 for how to customize template for an organization website pp74-82.
- ch 6 for instructions on how to customize the template for an informational website. pp 84-96.
- placing linked files in the same folder, p.57.
- publishing the website, pp 55-6
Images and Text
- to give an individual touch
- to help them stand out on a page
- for adding extra info
- most image editing programmes contain a text tool.NB Most programmes use a proprietary file format for saving images, in additioon to the standard Web formats such as jPEG. When adding text to an image it is a good idea to save a copy of the finished version in the proprietary format as well as the format required for use on the Web. This makes editing the text possible.
- not inserted directly into HTML document
- a reference is inserted that instructs the browser where to locate the image
- this can also contain details about where the image is to be positioned. (see page 41, Vandone, Nick)
See https://support.wordpress.com for information on how to Post by email. (inserting images into wordpress blogs)
Another excellent resource is Creating your own Website. Using what you already know. by Scott Mitchell. Sams Publishing. Indiannapolis. 2005. 005.72 MIT. Contains CD with Moxilla Composer.
Contents of use to me:
1. Creating Your first Web page
2. Creating a Website
5. Creating a Website for an organisation
Reference for Designing Website :
McNeil, Patrick, The Web Designer’s Idea Book. 006.7MCN
Elements of a Web page: (Vandone, N , Creating Web Pages in easy steps. Computer Step. Warwickshire. United Kingdom.) p.9.
1. Navigation system
3. Hyperlinks ( a hyperlink is a piece of code written in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
A hyperlink contains an instruction to the Web browser to take the user to the Web page specified in the link.
A link is activated when it is clicked on by the user.
Creating a site structure.p.14
eg My Webs
Methods for Creating Pages. p.18</p>
1. Plain HTML
2. HTML editors
3. WYSIWYG editors
4. Online sites
Elements of a web page.
1. Navigation system
To add a widget to sidebar go to Appearance>Widgets then to Links.
A more slick looking theme which still has archives is Depo Masthead but it doesn’t make provision on the home page for a separate listing of pages, including Blog Roll.
Learning to make the front page static.
learning with a friend can be fun