Scott Mitchell, Create Your Own Website,p. 52.
Finding Add-ons for your site.
Cnet provides downloads.com — various tools
- 1 Cool Password tool
- Magic Gallery
- DHTML Menu Builder — creates drop-down menus w/o your having to write these scripts.
- Web Menus Studio 2005 — create professional looking menus
See Scott Mitchell, Create Your Own Website ,
- ch 5 for how to customize template for an organization website pp74-82.
- ch 6 for instructions on how to customize the template for an informational website. pp 84-96.
- placing linked files in the same folder, p.57.
- publishing the website, pp 55-6
Images and Text
- to give an individual touch
- to help them stand out on a page
- for adding extra info
- most image editing programmes contain a text tool.NB Most programmes use a proprietary file format for saving images, in additioon to the standard Web formats such as jPEG. When adding text to an image it is a good idea to save a copy of the finished version in the proprietary format as well as the format required for use on the Web. This makes editing the text possible.
- not inserted directly into HTML document
- a reference is inserted that instructs the browser where to locate the image
- this can also contain details about where the image is to be positioned. (see page 41, Vandone, Nick)
See https://support.wordpress.com for information on how to Post by email. (inserting images into wordpress blogs)